IAG’s 38mm External Wastegate Header & Uppipe Kit is designed to eliminate the OE internal wastegate, uppipe and exhaust manifold, allowing for quick turbo spool up and precise boost control. By utilizing this header package peak boost is achieved earlier providing a wider power band and the elimination of boost creep.
Additionally, the 4-2-1 equal-length tubing design increases performance on the top end over unequal-length designs.
The IAG Performance EWG kit is manufactured from our 3-Bolt Equal Length 304 stainless-steel header and uppipe. Each Uppipe is modified to add V-Band flanges to accept the included TiAL 38mm MVS External Wastegate. The uppipe features additional bracing to support the weight of the wastegate and prevent cracking. The kit includes a stainless steel dump tube that fits with many popular downpipes.
Each Kit includes a complete install package with, (3) zinc-plated uppipe bolts, (3) serrated flange nuts, (5) uppipe studs, (6) copper manifold nuts, and a complete exhaust gasket set.
This kit fits 2002-2014 WRX / 2004-20 STI, 2004-08 Forester XT, 2005-09 Legacy GT
- (x1) Custom TIG welded 304 Stainless Steel Uppipe w/ 38mm V-Band stainless steel flanges
- (x1) 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Dump Tube
- (x1) IAG Performance Equal Length Header - Removes the "Boxer" Rumble
- (x1) TiAL 38mm MVS External Wastegate
- (x1) Billet Adjustable Wastegate Locking Bracket (Holds OE wastegate shut)
- (x5) Uppipe studs
- (x6) Copper Nuts
- (x1) Multi-layer 3-Bolt Manifold to Uppipe Gasket
- (x1) Multi-layer Uppipe to Turbo Gasket
- (x1) Turbo to Downpipe gasket
- (x2) Manifold to Cylinder-head Gaskets
- (x3) Zinc Plated Uppipe to Manifold Bolts, Nuts
- (x1) EGT Plug
- Will not fit with Nameless Downpipe
- May not fit with "Fully Divorced" downpipes.
- Works with COBB and Invidia Downpipes
- Due to the equal
length header design, these headers will alter the exhaust tone from the
distinct “boxer rumble” to a smoother exhaust note.
- 2002-05 WRX Requires 2.5L STI Oil Pan
- 2006-07 WRX Requires STI Oil Cooler and STI Oil Pan
Which wastegate is right for my car?
- It is always best to check with your tuner for their preference before ordering but generally, the industry follows these guidelines:
- Big Turbo/Low Boost = 44mm Wastegate
- Big Turbo/High Boost = 38mm Wastegate
- Small Turbo/High Boost = 38mm Wastegate
- Small Turbo/Low Boost = 44mm Wastegate
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.