IAG 1000+ EJ25 Closed Deck Long Block w/ Stage 5 Heads:
The IAG Performance Hand-Built Subaru EJ25 Closed Deck Long Block Engine Packages are a complete, valve cover to valve cover, crate engine. These engines offer significant ease of installation for customers seeking a complete “drop-in” engine package for their WRX, STI, Forester XT or Legacy GT. The Long Blocks feature a combination of our proven IAG Performance Closed Deck Short Block and Cylinder Head packages, along with other race-proven components to complete the assembly. When paired with our Long Block Installation Packages, you have a true plug-and-play solution to get you back on the road, FAST! All components included are BRAND NEW and there is NEVER A CORE CHARGE required.
The IAG 1000+ package is ideal for clients looking for an engine package to support up to 1000+ BHP applications. The IAG 1000+ Long Block features our Stage 4 Extreme Closed Deck Short Block that utilizes a brand new EJ25 Subaru case that is converted to closed deck and is bored and honed to 99.75mm. The Stage 4 Extreme block features 14mm head stud machining, as well as our Fire-Lock gasket solution that is loosely derived from diesel technology where a counterbore step is machined around each cylinder bore allowing specially sized fire rings to drop into the machined area and head gasket bores. The combination of the alloy compression shims and gaskets assure maximum sealing for a Subaru EJ25 turbocharged engine. The Stage 4 Extreme internals includes IAG-Spec JE FSR 2618 forged pistons that have an Electroless nickel plated coating and wrist pins that are sized to .250" / .927" from H13 material. The pistons are matched to IAG-Spec Tri-Beam connecting rods with ARP 625+ rods bolts, Billet crankshaft by Callies and ARP main bolts.
The Stage 4 Extreme block is then paired up with our Stage 5 Fully CNC Ported Cylinder Heads to deliver maximum flow for high horsepower applications. The heads start as brand new Subaru OEM cylinder head castings that are CNC machined ported inside the intake and exhaust runners. The heads are resurfaced and then outfitted with complete Ferrea valve train components. The heads include +1mm oversized Comp Plus intake and exhaust valves, Ferrea Dual Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, Ferrea Copper / Bronze Valve guides as well as and GSC Billet Stage 3 camshafts. To complete the package, we add a 14mm ARP head stud set, our Fire-Lock
head gasket solution and all required gaskets to complete the valve
cover-to-valve cover assembly.
IAG’s Break-in Instructions MUST be followed, and the long block must be professionally installed for the 12 month/12,000 mile workmanship warranty to be applicable. If the previous engine experienced an internal failure then all oiling components (i.e. cooler, pump, pickup, cam gears, and solenoids, etc) as well as other necessary components as per your installer’s recommendations, must be replaced during installation.
IAG 1000+ Long Block Engine Includes:
Stage 4 Extreme Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves - Converted to Closed Deck from brand new OEM Subaru case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Pinned Mains - Machine case for 9.5mm pinned mains and lined honed.
- Fire-Lock - IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Head Studs - Machined for 14mm Head Studs.
- Pistons - IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electroless Nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .927" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods - IAG-Spec Tri-Beam Connecting Rods with ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings - ACL or King Race Bearings.
- Crank - Billet Crank by Callies
- Case / Main Bolts - ARP Main Bolts.
Stage 5 Heads:
- Heads - Brand New Subaru OEM WRX STI Cylinder Head Castings
- Machine Porting - CNC Ported Intake and Exhaust Runners
- Intake Valves - Ferrea 37mm (+1mm) Comp Plus Intake Valves
- Exhaust Valves - Ferrea 33mm (+1mm) Comp Plus Exhaust Valves
- Springs / Retainers - Ferrea Dual Valve Springs & Titanium Retainers
- Keepers - Ferrea Valve Keepers
- Guides - Ferrea Copper / Bronze Valve Guides
- Valve Seals - Ferrea Valve Stem Seals
- Lifters - OEM Lifter Buckets
- Camshafts - GSC Stage 3 Billet Camshafts
- Multi-Angle Valve Job
- Machined Cam Lobe Clearance
- Drilled For 14mm Heads Studs
- Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Final Lash
Gaskets, Hardware & Accessories:
- Head Studs - IAG / ARP 14mm Set
- Head Gaskets - IAG Fire-Lock
- Valve Cover Gaskets - OEM
- Cam Seals - OEM
- Valve Covers - OEM
- Wrist Pin Seal, Rear Main Seal & Separator Kit
- Crankshaft Woodruff Key
Power: The IAG 1000+ Long Block has a power output rating of 1000+BHP.
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
IAG sells separately a Long Block Basic Installation Kit that provides all of the basic components needed to install one of our EJ25
Long Block Engine Packages in one complete kit. All fluids for initial break-in are included. - $1499.99
When purchasing just select the kit which fits your year and model. Click Here To Purchase an Install Kit
All IAG Longs Blocks are crated and shipped by freight trucks which include lift gate service. A flat rate shipping charge of $399.99 applies to the lower 48 US states (Prices subject to change without notice). Please contact us for a shipping quote to Hawaii, Alaska, and Internationally.
Please review the PDF document below regarding installation, break-in procedures and warranty information.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.