GrimmSpeed has provided a trusted 3-port EBCS (electronic boost control solenoid valve) solution for years that many Subaru tuners prefer. The 2015 - 17 Subaru WRX comes from the factory with a 2-port solenoid that is mounted directly to the plastic turbo inlet and interfaces with an o-ringed feature, rather than a vacuum hose. If you're still utilizing the factory turbo inlet, this product includes the solenoid with fittings and connector, mounting bracket and a machined adaptor required by the factory turbo inlet.
The advantages of a 3-port BCS vs. the factory 2-port system are readily apparent during the tuning process. The 3-port system works by interrupting the boost signal traveling from the turbo to the wastegate. The OEM configuration simply 'bleeds' the signal from between the turbo and wastegate, which creates a system that is a bit less complex, but reacts more slowly and with less precision.
GrimmSpeed's EBCS Features:
- Custom Machined Adapter - Makes use of the OEM inlet recirculation port
- Black Anodized Finish - Protects the assembly from corrosion
- 1/4 inch Barbed Fittings - Matches the factory turbo and wastegate hose size
- 3-Port Solenoid - Proprietary internal modifications prepare the solenoid for extreme conditions below the vehicle
- Plug-n-Play Wiring Connector - Plugs directly into the factory wiring harness with no modification required
- Compact Design - No need to mount the solenoid elsewhere in the engine bay, increasing complexity and hose length
Because this upgraded BCS affects the way that your vehicle controls boost, it is always recommended that you consult with a tuner immediately following installation. It is not recommended that you drive the car in a way that builds boost without doing so.
***This product is not intended for use with the OEM 2015 - 16 Subaru WRX turbocharger or other stock replacement turbos. GrimmSpeed's EBCS is for use with aftermarket turbo kits and as such, does not include the required adapter for the stock FA20 turbo inlet.